Planning for your baby requires not only everyday care in diet and physical care, but you also need a bit of knowledge as to how your body is responding to the symptoms of pregnancy and your overall health during the time of planning your pregnancy.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss some of the best tips for successful conceiving.
How to conceive? Many women ask how can I know that I’m getting pregnant.
How shall I understand that I’m early there to get pregnant?
So many questions looking for answers.
Let’s discuss this now.
Some of the best tips for conception healthy pregnancy
- As a healthy young woman in your 30s, you have a 20 percent chance to get pregnant each month.
- Each month, there are a few hormonal changes happening in your body and this process takes about two weeks on average beginning with your menstrual cycle.
- As the monthly egg is mature, it’s released from the ovary and this process is known as ovulation.
- The egg then travels down to the fallopian tube toward the uterus.
- The egg is only viable for about 24 hrs from the time it’s been released.
- If the egg is fertilised by a sperm cell during this time frame, the fertilised egg will keep travelling down toward the uterus and then it will implant into the uterine lining.
- It is important to note that having intercourse in the days prior to and during ovulation is essential and this allows the sperm cells to be in the fallopian tubes when the egg is released.
- This allows for fertilisation.
- Sperm can stay active in the female reproductive tract for up to four or five days.
Additional Tips for a healthy baby in pregnancy
- Choosing the best time of your cycle to get pregnant quickly is quite ideal.
- The regular cycles allow you to ovulate around two before your period. This means, your fertile window will be seven days prior to your expected ovulation.
- If you have irregular cycles, it can be difficult to predict when you will ovulate and when your fertile window will be available.
Additionally, there are many other techniques that you can use to identify ovulation and fertile windows.
Tips for conceiving a healthy baby – Keep an Ovulation Predictor Kit
Tips for healthy conception also include keeping information about using an ovulation predictor kit. These kits are similar to a urine pregnancy test.
When you urinate on the test strips every morning, that is a few days before you think you will ovulate.
The test strips detect luteinizing hormone (LH). It swells right before ovulation.
Following these tips for conceiving a healthy baby are of great help to guide you.
As the ovulation prediction kit shows you a positive result, you should have intercourse that day and for the next few days.
These kits are available over the counter at the pharmacy.
These tips for pregnancy planning offer you good help to plan and become successful.
Planning your pregnancy – Avoid these
Keeping your body healthy comes as a priority as most doctors recommend. It will also be a good decision to consult an obstetrician before you get pregnant.
As part of tips for a healthy pregnancy, you need to talk about your current health problems if any and get screened for any health issues.
Your doctor may recommend making changes to your lifestyle before you get pregnant. These may include:
- Get a healthy weight
- Improve diet
- Practice exercise habits
- Avoid alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Cut caffeine
It’s time to cut back now, if you have been drinking a lot of coffee or soda.
It is good to keep the caffeine limit up to 200mg per day and that is up to a 12-ounce cup of coffee.
Additionally, consider taking a prenatal vitamin with at least 400 micrograms of folic acid each day as soon as you start working on a successful pregnancy.
Keep the doubts away
Doubts are always encircling and they put you in a fix.
Things will definitely be in place, when you keep good health with intake of proper diet, rest, a little bit of work and keeping yourself happy and cheerful.
One of the best tips for pregnancy planning is to stay joyful and to enjoy your pre-pregnancy period.
This is very important for your health to get successfully pregnant.
Diet to improve fertility
Add plenty of fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains to your diet everyday. It has powerful and beneficial antioxidants like Vitamin C and E, beta carotene, and lutein.
Eat a Bigger Breakfast and this part of your tips for conceiving a healthy baby.
What are you having for your breakfast?
Plan your breakfast.
When you eat a healthy breakfast, it helps you overcome fertility problems and it improves the hormonal effects of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which is a major cause of infertility.
To add to your regular breakfast preparations, try these additional healthy breakfast as part of tips for a healthy pregnancy.
- Warm Papaya breakfast cereal
- Blueberry and Cacao chia seed pudding
- Coconut and Berry Quinoa porridge
- Smoked Salmon sweet potato toast
Keeping the Perfect Timing
Tips to conceive a healthy baby also include ensuring the perfect timing to conceive your baby. That is exactly during the pre and post ovulation period that you need to discuss with your doctor to follow up.
Following these tips for a healthy pregnancy will help you to get pregnant as per your planning.
Follow the advice of your doctor
Consult and discuss with your doctor on how to conceive a healthy pregnancy and follow the guidelines.
These tips in pregnancy for a healthy baby include – a healthy lifestyle, diet, exercise, keeping yourself happy and cheerful, is very important.
Welcoming a healthy pregnancy requires good preparation from both of you. Enjoying every moment of your pregnancy period and pre-pregnancy preparation time is very crucial to a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby.